Moreover six sigma projects have been identified in fields of
- Improve patient satisfaction in the emergency room and medical/surgical units.
- Improve throughput (cases/day) in two of the systems' busiest operating rooms
- Find a way to rapidly hire the best employees
- Improve employee retention in such critical areas as nursing
- Improve the revenue cycle
- Improve the efficiency of home health nurses
- Reduce errors in the use of high risk meditations
- Reduce length of stay for elderly patients with congestive heart failure.
Several other workout projects have been successfully completed throughout the Virtua health care system. Virtua has trained 60 coaches who are experts in CAP and workout methods. So, Six sigma is helping in enabling the whole organization through these skills.
The six sigma methodology has helped Virtua clients/employees to:
· Be generally informed about the project, process, and projected outcomes in all domains of the health care system
· Participate in goal setting
· Understand how to interpret quality
· Base their directives on hard information
· Evaluate progress and judge success
References : http://search.proquest.com/docview/204788093?accountid=274812
The writer of this article, Naman Jain, a PGP student of Indian Institute of Management, Raipur has worked in GE Healthcare Labs. He has done his B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering from Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore and can be reached at namanvit @ gmail . com